2018 A-Level and GCSE Results
MCS is celebrating another year of exceptional A-Level and GCSE results.
Master Helen Pike said, “‘This remarkable group of pupils contributed so much to school life and the wider community, and they should be proud of the hard work which led to these achievements. A big thank you, too, to the parents, teachers and many other colleagues who supported them in various ways.”
Individual successes include:
- Anya Sims achieved 5 A*s and will read Engineering at Cambridge
- Liam McKinght gained 4 A*s and takes up his place to read Linguistics at Cambridge
- Tarun Chapman, Mimi Mostefai and Emilie Walker each achieved 4 A*s and an A. Tarun and Emilie are both taking Natural Sciences at Cambridge, while Mimi will be reading Medicine at Exeter.
- Lucy Greenwood achieved an impressive 5 A*s and a place at Oxford
- William Hackett sealed his place for Natural Sciences at Cambridge with 4 A*s
- Other 4 A* pupils include Zac Bischoff, Tom Brine, Charlie Cowan, Thomas Edmiston, Joe Innes, Ryan Lee, George Merryweather and Freddy Tuxworth-Twist
GCSEsMaster Helen Pike said, “MCS is celebrating exceptional results again this year, and I am delighted for this very talented year group. The students manage to achieve remarkable exam results whilst performing at high levels in sport, music, drama and many other spheres at the same time. The results are also testament to the hard work of their teachers, and to the support of parents. I look forward to all that these boys will contribute to the School and the wider world as Sixth Formers.”
The school's most recent inspection report can be found here.
Although the University destination table for the last thirteen years shows Cambridge and Oxford as the two of the most popular destinations, pupils opt for a healthy mix of institutions, selecting those which best suit their needs.
Higher education and GAP year guidance begins at the half-way point in the Lower Sixth. It includes Coursefinder questionnaires, a Higher Education Evening, and a comprehensive programme of internal talks and seminars.
Click here for a list of 2018 Leavers' university destinations and subjects.
|Entrants at Russell Group Universities 2005-2017||Entrants at Sutton Trust Universities 2005-2017|