The best way to find out about MCS is to visit us.
We offer Open Mornings and Afternoons throughout the year, so that parents and their children can get a real taste of life at MCS, see our facilities, meet staff and current pupils, and ask questions.
Dates for 2018/19
- Saturday 15 September 2018: Whole School Open Morning, 9.30 am–12 noon (no need to book)
- Tuesday 25 September 2018: Sixth Form Open Evening 5.30–7.00 pm
- Thursday 11 October 2018: Junior School Open Morning, 9.15 am
- Thursday 11 October 2018: Senior School Open Afternoon, 2.30 pm
- Friday 9th November 2018: Junior School Open Morning, 9.15-11.00am
- Click here to book a Junior School Open Afternoon
- Click here to book a Senior School Open Afternoon
- Click here to book a Junior School Open Morning
- Click here to book a Sixth Form Open Evening
Open Morning is held on a Saturday in September from 9.30am to 12 noon. In 2018 Open Morning will be held on Saturday 15th September.
Prospective pupils can:
- take part in many of the extra-curricular activities on offer
- see our sports, music, drama and art departments in action
- meet teachers and pupils
- enjoy tours of the school.
We welcome the whole family to our Open Morning, and activities are suitable for a wide range of ages. A variety of refreshments are also available. There is no need to book, and you are free to drop in during the course of the morning. Please see the programme from the September 2017 Open Morning.
Open Afternoons offer the opportunity to see the school in action on a normal working day; booking is required for these as we aim to keep them more intimate.
Open Afternoons are recommended for families who have already attended an Open Morning. They begin with a talk by the Master followed by a tour of the school and tea in the Dining Hall with the Master, the Usher, Heads of Departments, Housemasters, Tutors and the Registrar.
From September 2015 Open Afternoons became Afternoons with the Master and follow the same format.
An Afternoon with the Master in the Junior School will include a talk by the Master and Q & A with the Head of Junior School.
Directions: Our postcode for SatNav users is OX4 1DZ. Alternatively you can click here for a link to Google Maps.
Parking is very limited on site, but please do contact us if you need access arrangements. We would advise visitors to make use of Oxford’s Park and Ride bus services. Seacourt and Thornhill will get you closest to MCS, but further information about the five Park and Ride venues and routes can be found here. For information about Park and Ride bus stops click here.
There is a pay and display car park with limited parking a short walk away (directions are available here).